米大統領 日本のUSスチール買収禁止

BIDEN BLOCKS BUYOUT BY NIPPON STEEL

#a81_2025年1月20日:news 2025/1/4

Nippon Steel's 14-billion-dollar bid to buy U.S. Steel has been blocked by U.S. President Joe Biden.

日本製鉄の、140億ドルをかけてUSスチールを買収する試み(計画)は、阻止されました、アメリカのジョー・バイデン大統領によって。


The president cited concerns the deal could threaten U.S. national security.

その大統領は(理由として)懸念を挙げました、その取り引きがアメリカの国家安全保障を脅かす可能性があるという。


Sources say Nippon Steel will take legal action in the U.S. against the decision.

(情報)源は述べています、日本製鉄は法的措置を取るだろうと、アメリカで、その決定に反対して。


Biden released a statement on Friday saying the two firms should drop the planned acquisition within 30 days.

バイデン大統領は金曜日に声明を発表しました、その2つの会社はその買収計画を撤回すべきであると述べる、30日以内に。


He said there is credible evidence to believe Nippon Steel might take action that threatens to impair the national security of the United States.

彼は述べました、信頼できる証拠があると、日本製鉄が行動を取るかもしれないと信じる、アメリカの国家安全保障を損なうおそれのある。


The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States had previously reviewed the planned buyout and referred it to the president for a decision.

対米外国投資委員会は、事前にその買収計画を審査していました、そしてそれ(この件)をその大統領に委ねていました、判断のために。


The two steelmakers said in a joint statement that they were dismayed by Biden's decision.

その2つの鉄鋼メーカーは、共同声明で述べました、それら(両社)は落胆させられたと、バイデン大統領の決定に。


They said that Biden's order violates due process and the law governing the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States.

それら(両社)は述べました、バイデン大統領の命令は違反していると、適正な手続き、そして対米外国投資委員会を規制する法律に。


They also said it is shocking and deeply troubling that the U.S. government would treat an ally like Japan this way.

それらはさらに述べました、衝撃的で深く悩ましいことであると、アメリカ政府が日本のような同盟国をこのように扱うということは。