The United Nations says 281 aid workers have been killed so far this year in conflict zones around the world, mainly in Gaza.
国連は述べています、281人の人道支援関係者が死亡したと、今年これまでに、世界各地の紛争地域で、主にガザ地区で。
This is a record number of deaths.
The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, or OCHA, reported on Friday the death toll has surpassed last year's record of 280.
国連人道問題調整事務所、つまりOCHA、は金曜日に発表しました、死者数が超えたと、去年の(過去最悪だった)記録280人を。
One hundred and seventy-eight aid workers have been killed in the Palestinian areas, including Gaza, while 25 have been killed in Sudan, and 11 each in Ukraine and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, according to OCHA.
178人の人道支援関係者が死亡しました、ガザ地区を含むパレスチナの地域で、一方スーダンでは25人が死亡しました、そしてウクライナとコンゴ民主共和国ではそれぞれ11名(が死亡しました)、OCHAによると。
The UN body also says 165 aid workers have been wounded and 79 have been kidnapped, with Yemen having the most at 20.
その国連機関はさらに述べています、165人の人道支援関係者が負傷したと、そして79人が誘拐されたと、(誘拐された人の数は)イエメンが最多で20人で。
OCHA chief Tom Fletcher issued a statement saying aid workers are being killed at an unprecedented rate.
OCHAの長(トップ)トム・フレッチャー氏は声明を発表しました、人道支援関係者が死亡していると述べる、かつてないほどのはやさで。
He said states and parties to conflicts must protect humanitarians and uphold international law.
彼は述べました、国家や紛争当事者は、人道支援関係者を保護しなければならない、そして国際法を順守しなければならないと。